Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Biggest Mistakes in Web Design

This article explains that websites are suppose to be a behavioral design, because people only use websites to get what they need quickly. Websites should also be a visceral design, because the page has to look very easy to use, and make sure that it would have the information that the majority of the people who go into it are looking for. It cannot have too much information, but just the most important things.

I think that the most important points in this article was making a website that any person would want to use with ease, and no interruptions with advertisements or other offers that were never asked for.

List of important design factors for a webpage
1. Whatever I need from the website, I need it to be right in my face
2. No obstacles to getting where I want to be
3. It has to be easy to go back to it so I would remember how I got there

No comments: